We’re a school, too.
WorldStrides and its travel divisions are accredited by educational bodies across the country, and we have a dedicated Curriculum and Academics team. This means we're an actual school – we just don't have walls! Therefore, we can offer students and youth travelers high school credit or college credit, and teachers free professional development. See accreditation details.
While our travels take students outside their world, the journey is very much within. Travel allows students to explore and to learn about themselves. What the student brings home is greater than a souvenir.
WorldStrides | USA Student Travel provides new perspectives on the world: The chance to see for themselves, who they are, to do things they never thought possible, and to try things they never knew existed – New places, new friends, new ideas.
To be an eligible participant, student or teacher must book a travel program through USA Student Travel (or any division of WorldStrides).
Students: Give Yourself Some Credit!
We educate students through authentic enrichment travel encounters with the world beyond the classroom. Enrichment travel for all ages and interests, our experiential content meets students where they are on their educational journey.
Free High School or College Credit through WorldStrides Travel for Credit
- Course Options: Online courses are paired with corresponding travel programs to reflect themes and destinations. Choose courses from your custom menu.
- Eligibility: Students in grades 6-12 at the time of travel, who are paid guests on current GET Sports programs, are eligible to earn high school credit. Students in grades 9-12 at the time of travel are eligible to earn college credit.
- Cost: Courses for high school credit are offered at no cost. There is a fee for college credit.
Teachers: Earn Professional Development Hours
Teachers who travel with a division of WorldStrides either as a group leader or a chaperone are eligible to earn free professional development hours, points, or units. Based on the length and nature of your program, you’ll typically earn a professional development certificate for up to 35 points/hours or 3.5 CEUs. Our Curriculum and Academics team helps identify opportunities to meet your state’s requirements and to develop your portfolio program.
Our Curriculum and Academics team, in conjunction with multiple regional accreditation partners and our university partnership, University of California, San Diego, offers teachers the opportunity to earn graduate credit. For a special educators’ discount, traveling teachers are invited to participate in our online graduate credit course. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Teachers/Students: Getting Started is Easy!
1. To sign up for WorldStrides Travel for Credit, please register. You can register before, during, or even after you travel.
• Teachers/Adults: Choose CEU hours or Graduate Credit. TEACHERS REGISTER HERE
• Students: Select the course(s) of most interest to you. STUDENTS REGISTER HERE
2. Once you have been registered and contacted by us:
• Teachers: You simply have to travel and we will automatically send you the appropriate earned CEUs based on your program and length of travel.
• Students: You will receive a link to our education portal called "Schoology." Once you log in, you can work at your own pace to complete all online coursework. Our instructors will provide feedback on your work as you go.
· You will engage in activities that offer options for video responses, opportunities to use photos from your experience, and participate in discussions with your peers.
· You have up to six months to complete the coursework after you return from your travel program.
3. Don't miss the chance to enhance your travel experience.