Traveler Code of Conduct
The WorldStrides program you have elected to attend offers many unique opportunities and experiences. Each program is designed to provide an enriched educational experience as well as opportunities to form new friendships. WorldStrides believes that learning best takes place in a safe environment. All participants are expected to demonstrate high standards of conduct, exhibit responsible judgement, and treat others with dignity and respect. It is the responsibility of each participant to be engaged and help make the program a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
Throughout the program, all participants are responsible for adhering to the following rules of behavior:
- Participants are expected to follow all directions given by and all rules and regulations established by the Program Leader and Chaperones.
- Participants agree to follow the planned itinerary and to be punctual at all times.
- Physical, verbal, or virtual violence, bullying, cyberbullying, inappropriate language, or inappropriate interactions with others will not be tolerated. Harassment based on real or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or other protected characteristic is prohibited. To promote the well-being of all participants, if the participant observes, overhears, or suspects such behavior, they should report the behavior to the Program Leader, Chaperone, or a WorldStrides team member.
- Emailing, posting, texting, airdropping, or otherwise electronically sharing pornographic, derogatory, or offensive language or images with other participants, staff, or members of the WorldStrides community is strictly prohibited. Electronically sending offensive language or images based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or other protected characteristic or political affiliation by any means is strictly prohibited.
- Participants should refrain from taking photographs, creating video or audio recordings of other participants, staff members, or other individuals without their consent.
- Participants are expected to leave all services (hotels, restaurants, motorcoaches) utilized and sites visited during the programming in the same condition in which they were found. Any property damage, theft, vandalism, unauthorized use, and copywrite violations are the sole responsibility of the participant (and the parent/guardian if participant is a minor). If an incident occurs, the participant (and the parent/guardian if participant is a minor) will be required to work directly with the provider to remedy the situation.
- Participants are expected to refrain from illegal drug use, vandalism, theft, gambling, or any other type of behavior detrimental to the health, well-being, safety, or reputation of themselves or others.
- Any behavior resulting in engagement with local authorities will be the responsibility and expense of the participant (and the parent/guardian if participant is a minor).
- Participants are expected to comply with all rules and regulations established by governmental agencies and service providers including but not limited to airlines, hotels, motorcoach companies, national parks, and national security.
- Participants are solely responsible for keeping safe possession of all their belongings throughout the program including but not limited to travel documentation and government issued identification (passport, visa, green card). WorldStrides is not responsible for the replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged items while in transit or on the program.
- Good common sense, respect and consideration for others and their property should be practiced daily.
- Participants are expected to follow all COVID-19 specific rules established by WorldStrides and the Program Leader and Chaperones, and any rules established by attractions, sites, and service providers.
- Participants are expected to remain with the group at all times unless the Program Leader specifically allows free time in small groups. Students may never leave the hotel unless accompanied by a Program Leader or Chaperone.
- Participants must sleep in their assigned hotel room each night. Students are not allowed to engage in any form of sexual activity during the program. The use of vulgar, abusive, humiliating, or threatening language or pictures, practical jokes, or other sexually inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited.
- Participants are expected to observe quiet hours at the hotel each evening (typically from 10pm until 6am).
- Participants are expected to refrain from smoking, vaping of any kind, and are not permitted to consume alcohol unless they are of legal age and have approval from their parent/guardian and Program Leader. Adults who wish to smoke, vape, consume alcohol, or engage in any other activity of an adult nature must do so outside the presence of minor students, at their own expense, and remain in full control of their behavior at all times.
- Participants must remain respectful of WorldStrides staff and should report any concerns to their Program Leader immediately. Participants may not use abusive, derogatory, or threatening language or engage in abusive or threatening behavior towards WorldStrides staff.
If a participant violates any of these rules, they may be dismissed from the program at the sole discretion of the Program Leader and Chaperones. In the case of a dismissal the participant will be sent home at their expense (or the expense of the parent/guardian if participant is a minor) without a refund.