Updated for December 2020
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 and how do I prevent infection?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
Certain groups are at high risk for COVID-19, including those over 65 years of age and those with a severe or chronic underlying medical condition. Seek emergency medical care immediately if you are experiencing these emergent symptoms:
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
Inability to wake or stay awake
Bluish lips or face
Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
How to protect yourself:
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
If soap and water are unavailable use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your own home
Put at least six feet of distance with anyone outside of your home
Do not gather in groups, stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
Wear a mask or face covering to protect others if you are infected
Cover sneezes and coughs with tissues or the inside of your elbow
Clean and disinfect often with EPA-registered household cleaners
Monitor your health and be alert for symptoms in yourself and others
WorldStrides recognizes that we each play a role in keeping our community healthy and safe. Towards that end, our employees are focused on and we encourage our travelers to continue efforts to do our part to help reduce the spread of all respiratory illnesses including COVID-19 and always follow these important tips:
- Stay at home to avoid spreading or catching the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Below are links to more travel related information that you may find helpful.
Have additional questions or concerns?
Please feel free to contact us at either (916) 939-6805 or email@example.com.